The Beginnings -
2 founders - David Jason & Frank Gao
They are both MTB enthusiast and becomes friend at the college time in Casper, Wyoming.
A state of USA which is covered mostly by the ranges and rangelands of the Rocky Mountains.
David is from local Casper and Frank is from TAIWAN where almost all named bikes made from。
Back to those times, they love to ride in the wild trails, periodically visited bike shop looking for upgrade & replacement parts and usually gave up since can not afford the price, it did decline a little their passion and have to stay on old setups or low-end system. This is one of the reasons they started thinking to turn hobby into a business.
In 2008, Frank returned to Taiwan and took over family business - bicycle OEM assemble for small & medium brands in America & Europe. When David paid a visit to the core of bicycle supply chain, they restructured the business as “JGbike” after surname Jason & Gao, stands for Just Great bicycles. In the meantime, expanding the assemble business to China Mainland due to labor cost. David runs marketing across America and Frank remains in Asia supply chain.
Since 2015, JGbike opens a remote operation location in Claymont, Delaware;
Since 2018, JGbike opens a warehouse in Sacramento, California;
2022~2023, in progress to have a new location in Austin, Texas;
Casper, WY will alway remain as our HQ.
The Reality -
~ 17-20 million bikes were sold per year;
~ 364,000 bicycles are produced per day;
~ 100 million bikes in United States;
~ 75%-99% population owns a bicycle in main EU countries;
Over 80% of all medium to high end bicycles and bike components are made in Taiwan or in Taiwanese owned factories in China mainland or Vietnam, yes, the bike you currently ride is one of them. For example - TREK manufactured by Giant; Specialized manufactured by Merida; Commencal, YT industry, NSbike etc. made in factories as well as in Taiwan and China. The other brands who claimed made in local, normally imports parts from Asia then assemble in local due to higher tariff against whole bikes.
Respectively big brands demand higher price for it’s design & technique, but a little too complicated.
- Same manufacturing process with significant high retail price just for a logo;
- Medium/high price come with one/two-level downgrade drivetrain system;
- Immediate upgrade needed for a new bike to pay add. high cost on labor & parts;
Our Mission -
JGbike (Just Great bicycles) established with a mission:
Make it easier for more people to enjoy cycling
- Offering competitive products at the most affordable price with basic profits to keep the business running;
- Support everyone who need repair, upgrade owned bikes with FREE selected parts for life saving;
- Support local workshops with 0 pressure to keep in-house stock when parter with us;
- Sell bikes with lifetime warranty on selected parts replacement for FREE;